Uipath : Error HResult E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component

Hi,

“Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component” . I am using Edge browser with IE mode enabled in it. When I try to get a selector for the element,the Uipath is not responding , getting stuck for few seconds and throwing this error.

The element that I am trying to fetch is present in other screens too,but no where I have faced the issue. only in one particular screen, I am facing this issue. please help me.

Thanks in Advance,
Sai Charan Goud Konda

1 Like

Hi @Konda_Sai_Charan_Goud,

Could you try adding a delay of one second in front of the selector you introduced?

You’ve probably reviewed this link, but I’m sharing it in case you missed it. There are many solutions suggested. Maybe it will be of use to you.

Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component UiPath Studio community - Help - UiPath Community Forum

Regards,
MY

I am unable to get the selector in the first place. While trying to fetch the selector, I am getting the above mentioned issue.

I am facing the same issue with select item, I got the same issue, any idea how to fix it?

My issue is mainly because the element is taking to load, so i have used element exists and ran it in a loop for few minutes till the element exits becomes true and it got resolved.

U too check whether the element is active or not at the moment of execution.