Native Text as Targeting Method

Do we need additional payment(license) when i wanted to use the Native Text as targeting method. We only have standalone license type

@angelo.bataan

As of my knowledge cutoff date in January 2022, the “Native Text” extraction method in UiPath Document Understanding does not require any additional payment or separate license beyond the standard licensing that covers Document Understanding features.

The “Native Text” method is a part of the core Document Understanding capabilities provided by UiPath. However, licensing and feature availability can change over time, so it’s essential to refer to the most recent UiPath documentation or consult with UiPath’s official sales or support channels to confirm licensing details based on your specific license type and any changes that may have occurred after my knowledge cutoff date.

Cheers…!

1 Like

Do you mean the option Studio when specifying a target? That wouldn’t require any additional license.

1 Like

HI,

If you intent the following NativeText, it requires no additional cost.

Regards,

1 Like

@angelo.bataan

The availability of Native Text as a targeting method and whether it requires additional licensing or not, can depend on your specific license type and version. Native Text is generally considered and it doesn’t typically require additional licensing beyond your base license.

However, software licensing terms and features can change, and it’s important to verify this with the most up-to-date information . especially if you are using a version released after January 2022.

To get the most accurate and current information regarding licensing and features, I recommend reaching out to UiPath’s official support or sales team, as they can provide you with precise details based on your specific license type and version.

cheers…!

1 Like

Perfect, Thank you @Yoichi

Hi @Yoichi is it the same with the computer vision targeting method? because we don’t have orchestrator. we only have a standalone attended license

Hi,

Native text is not same with Computer Vision. It’s mainly for Desktop application such as Notepad, explorer etc. We can indicate text which cannot be selected in normal mode, as the following, for example. This works without any other server including Orchestrator.

Regards,

I mean the highlighted image below, will this still works if I deploy it to a standalone attended license machine?

Hi,

If you have flex license etc, and connect your robot with AutomationCloud, you can use CV.

However, if you use it without AutomationCloud, it won’t work.

Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.