My top toolbar in UiPath Studio (Community) only displays the run action as 'debug' and is telling me there are errors in my sequence

I am currently on the ‘Build-a-Bot’ portion of the UiPath Academy training and no matter what I do the ‘Run’ action on the top toolbar always shows ‘Debug’ even after uninstalling and installing the software.

Additionally, UiPath Studio says theres an error/validation warning involving the Assign activity.

The exclamation point icon explains: 'Complier error(s) encountered processing expression “Name”. ‘Name’ is not declared. File I/O functionality is available in the ‘Microsoft.VisualBasic’ namespace.

Any help/advise?

1 Like

can you show me what is the data type of variable Name ?

Welcome to the Community :smiley:

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

2 Likes

First we need to identify first the problem and fix it. If we fix the error then next is the tab issue. @clegaspi

cheers :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome @clegaspi,

Please post picture of your variable pane and check if you have declared variable ‘Name’ with datatype as String and check it’s scope as well.

Cheers

1 Like

Thank you for the responses- @kkasegaonkar declaring the variable ‘Name’ and the datatype 'string in the variable pane did the trick! The error is now gone.

I am still curious about the ‘debug’ button on the toolbar. After tweaking around with it I can still technically access ‘run’ using the bottom arrow menu of the ‘debug’ button.

Is my UiPath ‘run’ button supposed to look like that? @pattyricarte

1 Like

@clegaspi Actually don’t know the behavior of the toolbar. That’s why I ask you to fix first the error then we will investigate furthermore for the toolbars. By the way, the error was fixed and cheers :smiley:

3 Likes

@clegaspi, Yes, It’s supposed to look like that. By default it will run with debugging. You can also run file without debugging.

Cheers

1 Like

Hello and welcome!

I have the same issue but if you mouse over the Debug button you’ll see the following
2019-10-02_152825
Just click the one you want. Hopefully this helps. I don’t have a fix for the other problem

1 Like