I have a scenario where i need to design the process in multiple bot architect and there are multiple bot run to complete that task and i need to send consolidate report once when process get finish how can achieve that.
You need to follow Dispatcher and Performer design for this process.
Read the data from input file and add data to the queue and also make input excel file as DB file.
It will read one by one item from the queue and will process it and update their status in input file. At the end of the process check any queue items found with Status In Progress or New state. If not then send consolidated output report.
If the database is used . The table can used to send the consolidated Report. IF the current date is there then send mail . So that any bot can send consolidated mail.
Or else the Excel can be used to send the report status.
In the Performer bot if there are no new queue items available for processing you can trigger the reporting workflow.
@Aleem_Khan Hope you are using Queues since the multi bot process is only possible with queues
Few things to note
- If the bot need to access the input folders for input files, output folders to store log files then it is better to set up shared drive since multiple bots will going to access the folders at once
- To update the log of each transaction item, you might need to maintain an excel for each bot, finally you can merge all these to a single excel file. If you maintain single excel for all the bots this might create issues while all the bots trying to access same excel at once
- If not, I guess you can use CSV to update logs since it will not give any error if multiple bots access it at the same time (check it once)
- To share the report you might have to built another small bot this has to run once the performer completes, since it is difficult to know till what part the other bots completes its execution if you want to implement this component in the performer process
- Besides this, you can go for Re-framework to design your automation and configure the same code to multiple robots once you publish your code to Orchestartor
Can you give me query how to check in orchestrator
How to chek that
You need to use Get Queue Items and use an if condition to check count.
Is csv file not throw any error if multiple bot will use same file do you have any example workflow or video.
How to create other small bot to send report
Any example of verious please help me really appreciate you
@Aleem_Khan Search for Get Queue Item in the Activities Panel
- Give queue name
- Click on the drop down of ClickItemStatus Property (right side)
- Select New or Inprogress from the drop down
- assign output variable to this activity. The exp for if condition be like
TransItem is the output variable of . If the count is 0 then you can do related actions
Is csv file not throw any error if multiple bot will use same file do you have any example workflow or video
@Aleem_Khan This scenario can be tested only in unattended since using studio we can run only one foreground process at a time
- Publish the attached package on to your Orchestrator
- Run the same process in two different robots
- Make sure the CSV is placed in an input folder where multiple bots can access
Check the results
Example.zip (2.8 KB)
Input folder mean share drive ?
@Aleem_Khan Shared drive is fine or if it was not available test with normal input folder
You can use Get Queue Item activity and select QueueItemState with InProgress and New. And create one variable of type IEnumerable of QueueItem and save the above into it and then check the count of it. If it is equal to 0 then send Consolidated Report else not.
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.