Missing Scope Error from Slack

While the configuration for Slack Scope is successful, it produces an error when I try to retrieve messages using Get Messages activity or send a message using the Send Message activity.

The error is:

Activity ended with error:
     Error Code: [202] 
     Message: Missing scopes: Please select them in the scope activity. 
Please select the following scopes on the Scope Activity and on slack.com: channels:read,groups:read,mpim:read,im:read.

Even though I have added all the required scopes, it still says “missing scope” above:

Are you really sure you have all the scopes there? What about

mpim:read

Try to add some more generic scopes (even if the error message is not mentioning them) from the areas (but it seems like you already did). I remember when I was working with it that the scopes in reality and scopes in documentation were slightly different…

1 Like

I have added that too. It’s just that it couldn’t get captured in the screenshot because it was down in the list. I added all the scope that you have shown in your video. And, interestingly, I’ve been following your RPA Friday video itself!

I have added them using your automation workflow from your source code “add_scopes.xaml”.

Oh cool! I am happy this little sequence was still working.

Btw, now when I read the error of yours once again, it actually says “select them in the scope activity”. I looked at my code from the video and I have the activity scopes like that:

Take a look :wink:

1 Like

Yep, I just had a look at mine and it looks the same:

But still no luck! Do your Slack activities still work?

haha, I tried to run it and got the ““best”” error ever: One or more errors occured :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anyways, did my script correctly add scopes to User Token Scopes?
Is you Token defined correctly? Are all other permissions set on?
Maybe… try to downgrade/upgrade package version :thinking: ?
what if you add ALL the scopes? :smiley:
(I am just trying out of head, I dont have time and space to reproduce now)