Missing Microsoft OCR in Screen Scraping Wizard

Hello: I have ALL packages installed (when I go to Manage Packages there is nothing that is NOT installed) and I see the Microsoft, Google, and Abbyy OCR under Engines in the Activities Panel and I can use them.

However, if I try to select text from a PDF document, for example, using OCR, in the screen scraping wizard window, I only have Google OCR in the dropdown at the upper right. What must we do to get Microsoft OCR and Abbyy OCR to show up in the Screen Scraping Wizard??

Hi,
Please through this.

any way if Microsoft OCR not visible in wizard just scrape with google ocr later in workflow just replace with Microsoft OCR simple. :slight_smile:

Lesson 7 - Microsoft OCR engine not present

I have the same issue. Only Google is available in the wizard. I tried replacing it in the workflow but when I ran it I get an exception (copied below). I checked my MS Office (2010) installation and OCR is installed as part of the office tools.

Main has thrown an exception

Source: Microsoft OCR

Exception Type: Exception

System.Exception: Error performing OCR: MicrosoftErrorCreateEngine

Server stack trace:
at UiPath.Vision.OCR.OCRClient.ScrapeUsingHostService(OCRInput input, OCROptions options, CancellationToken cancelToken)
at UiPath.Vision.OCR.OCRClient.Scrape(OCRInput input, OCROptions options, CancellationToken cancelToken, Boolean useHostProcess)
at UiPath.Vision.UiImage.ScrapeOCR(OCROptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.OCREngineActivity.<>c__DisplayClass36_0.b__0()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

which version your using. It is fixed in new release .
did try this.

Thanks but I fixed it more simply (from another thread I found) by installing the Sharepoint designer 2007 but you have to ensure that the components MS Document Imaging and Scanning,OCR and indexing service filter are included which they are not by default