Mail setting is not working for Password reset via Forgot My Password link on Login page

Orchestrator 2020.4.1 - Mail setting is not working for Password reset via Forgot My Password link on Login page

Test Mail Setting send a send email successfully, but while password reset it doesn’t sends email to user email id.

Hi @asif.shikalgar !

Did you followed the below documentation to correctly configure the SMTP server to reset the password?

Best Regards
Marcelo

@Marcelo_Guimaraes Yes i have followed, test email can be sent but link for Reset Password is not working.

Good day, similar experience here. Testing of Email were successful but not receiving any Email link for Forgot password while saying “the confirmation link was sent to your email address”

for this as a resolution, you need to try this.

On your Tenant admin account, email address you have used update it slightly and save it.
for example
abc@mail.com To abcd@mail.com > and Save it.
Now open the same page again and revert back the setting ie mail set as “abc@mail.com

If its a group email id, person doing it should be added to the group will receive email to confirm email address.

Click on Confirm email, so it will do a DB entry as “1” on a specific user.

Once this email address is confirmed then your reset link will start working fine again.

Please mark it as Solution if it helps !! Happy Learning!!

1 Like

Hello @asif.shikalgar thank you for the response, I tried it but still no email link received, are you familiar if there is any way I could check the logs? Tried on event viewer but I haven’t seen any hint.

you need to follow the exact steps in sequence, otherwise it will not be work.
If there’s any issue with email id, you can try update ur own email id as well and try to trigger email for confirmation.
If ur orchestrator is working fine and DB settings are not messed. it should be working.