: Lookup Data Table -> Excel-Application Scope -> ReadRange

Main.xaml (5.3 KB)
Hi.I Started A Process where a user enters a year and the robot looks up the year in a table.
Then the robot gives the user the car of the year for the
searched year.
The table is attached
Thats what i have done.But the result is not really what expecting cause it does not ask me first to enter the Year of the Car i what to ask for.So now i need to know how to make it ask me firtly as Input a year of the car and then give me back the Car of that Year as Output.

@isaac.djiki

Use a input dialogue box first…which will ask you to input a year…assign avariable to save the output

Then use the save variable in the look up activity…

Then to display output use a message box activity

Hope this helps

Cheers

Thank You M going to try hope it Work. :hugs:

1 Like

I dont know if i should upload the File hier but m Almost at the the end :The Only Problem now is with the Lookup Value.It Only show me whether The Value of the item in the Input Dialog on a emptxy Message.It can not Loop the Value i inout in The Message Box.

@isaac.djiki

Can you upload or share some screenshots of what the issue is…not sure exactly what is going wrong

cheers

Main.xaml (5.3 KB)

The Problem now is that it only Looup the Value you enter as Lookup Valu.Even if You Change the Input Value The Output remain the Same

@isaac.djiki

I see an empty xaml can you upload the correct one

cheers

Main.xaml (5.3 KB)

@isaac.djiki

Can you zip whole of your project and send because its empty when I open from my end…

Or many be attach screenshots that also will do

cheers

@isaac.djiki

If lookup is not working…you can use filter datatable aactivity as well to filter the required column with given value from input dialog box and can access the required column after filtering like this FilteredDt.Rows(0)("ColumnName").ToString

cheers

Nothing is Working .I dont know what to do anymore.It return me yet a Error.

@isaac.djiki

Can you please tell what is not working…can you show what you tried

Cheers

Hier ist two Bild maybe you can see what is going on.The First time it run but only lookup at The same Value. me i want to give him an Input and receive an output as lookupvalue.Not just the same Value no mater the input i give in.Thank you for the help

@isaac.djiki

The loop up value should be output of the dialog box

I see you have given some currentrow…

And not sure why you are using loop…that is not needed

lookup will look in whole of the provided column

cheers

See here is what i receive after running.Can Please guide me .i am a little confuse now cause i tried a lot.Thxs in advance

Hier is what you think if i got you well.But evn that does not run well .Maybe you can obsereve another error.I removed already the Loop.Thxs

@isaac.djiki

Please check this

Check LookupData.xaml
PepProcess - Copy (11).zip (8.0 KB)

Note: please modify for your requirement…Also I used Cint(Value) as my column type in Build datatable is integer…if your column type is string using only value in the filter datatable activity

Hope this helps

cheers

@isaac.djiki Hi. Locals panel shows dtListe DataTable is null. Can you check in Read Range activity that the Output for Datatable is set as dtListe.

Thank You so much now it Work .I just forgot to add as Output dtListe in Read Range.But The Problem is that it wanst showing me the right Place where the Problem is.