Local variable necessary for arguments?

Hi everyone,

I have a hard time to understand the usages of arguments.
So, when I execute InitAllSettings I will get a out_Config argument in Dictionary type.
When I want to use this key-value pairs in a second Workflow I need to store the out_Config argument in a local variable first, right? So the purpose of the local variable is transfer data from Workflow 1 to 2.
So I can’t just import the out_Config argument from Workflow 1 to Workflow 2, right? I need a local variable.?

Yes @ZeWo,

When you import the argument from another workflow, it mandatory to store the value in one variable. So that you can pass it to another workflow.

But Arguments and Variables are similar.

TanQ,
Michael Udhaya

Thank you @Michael_Udhaya,

so I can’t use the out_Config argument from WF1 as a value for the in_Config argument in WF2, right?

Yes, you have to create one variable to pass it.

1 Like

Ok.
Now I have the key-value pairs in the WF InitAllApplications.
When I want to invoke within the InitAllApplications the GetAppCredentials WF, why is the argument in_Credential a string type and not a dictionary type?
I mean I have a data entry in the config file with key “TestCredential” and the value is the name of a Orchestrator credential asset. To get the username and the password I have to call dictonaryname(Key).ToString.
So why a string as input argument?

Well,

Variables created in ‘variables’ pane are static and Uipath considers that it is local to the current workflow/scope whereas Arguments are travelling variables which can accessed throughout the project as mapped.

You need to be careful on how you classify the in or out or in/out parameter properties so that they are correctly passed.

An easy way to store and update everything would be to have everything in a Dictionary and any update to a Key/value would be updated int he memory and keep everything as In/out in the property.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

@ZeWo, you don’t want to enter the new string. You can pass your Dictionary key value directly to that Invoke WF.

Like in_Config(“TestCredential”).toString

It will pass your config value to GetAppCredentials WF

Note : the in_Config is your variable (you get it from the out_Config argument)

TanQ,
Michael Udhaya