License Error while execute process in Community Edition

Hi @Madhavi
Did you activate it (used an activation code) or did you renew your license?
Are you using platform.uipath.com as Orchestrator? What type of robot do you have defined there ?
Is it development or something else?

1 Like

@andreiT

Wish you a very Happy New Year!
I have renewed the license.
I have connected to Orchestrator. but then I disconnected it. The Robot type is “Development”.

Can you send me your device id in a private message so that I can see the status of your license?
Just open studio and go to Help and copy Info :

Hi @Madhavi
Could you check if the activity packages are up-to-date?
Also, is there a difference in the error when running the project with Robot connected to Orchestrator and disconnected from Orchestrator?

I have just connected to orchestrator and disconnected. Haven’t published or ran any robot in orchestrator.

I am talking strictly about running your Robots locally.

I think I have just had this issue myself and it was solved by updating the packages, as per this post:

For me it happened on 2018.4.1 for a project that had old packages.

I have the project that is giving the error and there are two different errors depeding on the connection status with Orchestartor (when running projects locally):
With Robot connected to Orchestrator you get this:

With Robot disconnnected from Orchestrator you get this:

The solution is to update the UiAutomation package to the latest :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi I am also havinga same problem
18.4.2+Branch.master.Sha.9888b477be8d3ec8a832306fc59c34ba6edad108

To execute processes, please activate a license.

System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail]: To execute processes, please activate a license. (Fault Detail is equal to An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.Exception: To execute processes, please activate a license.
at UiPath.Service.Licenses.LicenseManager.d__6.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Robot\UiPath.Service\Licenses\LicenseManager.cs:line 60
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.d__24.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Robot\UiPath.Service\Impl\ExecutionManager.cs:line 519
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.<OnStartJobA…).

Hi @Nimesh_Pokhrel

As mentioned in the post above, please update your packages to the latest versions via package manager :slight_smile:

Hi i did install the latest version but still facinv the same.

Please advise

Could you post a screenshot of your package manager? It should look like this:

1 Like

I have the same issue. I just installed the community edition. I created the BlankProcess project as in the help. I tried to run it, and then I got that exception. I tried the package manager, but it look like my packages are up to date.

Here is an image of my package manager.

My device ID is 7NWdaK0AbNPCEyYvmKgBRA==

I have gone to the License Details pop up, selected Continue Free. The other two options don’t seem to help.

When I click View License, it takes me to a webpage that has a user agreement.

I would post an image of that, but I get an error telling me that new users can only include one picture per post. However, here is the info from Copy Info:

2019.4.2 - 04/25/2019
Community Edition
EXE Installer

License Provider: Internal
Device ID: 7NWdaK0AbNPCEyYvmKgBRA==

Update Channel: Stable

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
.NET Framework Version 4.7.2 or later

Hi @kfawell

Welcome to our UiPath Forum :slight_smile:

Could you follow the steps from this post and see if it helps?

I have switched to the trial version of enterprise edition, after uninstalling. I might will try the community edition later. Thank you.

Hi,
Can you help me with the below request?

Hi Madhavi !
How did you resolve your error, I am getting the same error message

Hi @Dsavanur,
I have uninstalled UiPath, restarted the machine and reinstalled UiPath. It worked for me.

3 Likes

Hi I have got it fixed, had to reset the license before re-install it.

1 Like

Hi,

Having the same issue. Community edition asking ti activate license again and again.
Please find the device Id. Please help.

UIP-248d0d68e4

Hi, are you sure you are not re-installing the app every time you try to run it ?

How are you trying to start it ? What executable are you using and from what location ?

1 Like

It looks like you have installed UIPath several times. However please uninstall UIPath completely and than re install it. And this time for the licence activation please select Community Edition.

Hope it helps.
Regards,
Prasanta