Lesson 3 Walkthrough 1 - Option Strict On Disallows Late Binding- .Tostring not autopopulating

I had this working yesterday and cannot for the life of me find out what I am doing wrong here. I set the names variable to the auto-selected DataTable and then the clubMembers variable to Array of T, then system.datarow option. My variable inputs look correct. I selected the For Each function and when I try to input the firstName variable value it autopopulates the “row” function, then I type in (“First”). and when it usually populates the “ToString” option for me to select it, it does not and I get this error message. What am I doing wrong here?

1 Like

@SkipE99,

To iterate DataTable, we have to use For Each Row activity but you are using For Each loop activity. That’s why you are getting error. Change it and check once

I thought that same thing too… but then I get the following error when I try that and you can see from the screenshots below that the walkthrough instructions tell you to use the “For Each” and not "For Each Row"

I figured it out. I was not following the step to set the Type Argument of the For Each function to system.data.row. ughhhhh

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.