Kibana / ElasticSearch for UiPath Automation Cloud

Hi All,

I just wanted to ask if anybody knows when we could expect Kibana and Elastic Search integration for the UiPath Automation Cloud Orchestrator? The documentation says soon but… are we talking about Q1 2021?..

1 Like

Hello @RockSolid!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Hello,

Also looking for an answer to this question. The picture OP took is from Orchestrator differences

We are running a smaller on-premise Orchestrator setup, and the only reason we can’t switch to cloud is having Kibana for all the statistics. That page has been showing “soon” for at least a year now, so really looking for a more concrete estimate so we can properly plan for a possible migration in the future.

To close this thread, Elastic Search and Kibana will not be made available in Automation Cloud. Log export can be used to transfer the logs to private Elastic Search and Kibana instances. Exporting logs

Hi Nicolae,

I recently started transitioning from on-prem Orchestrator to Automation Cloud. As expected, jobs that ran through Automation Cloud did not appear in ElasticSearch/Kibana. However the log files that are stored on the machine from the robot still generated in the robot user’s folder so there has to be a way to have ElasticSearch continue to read that, right? I wouldn’t think exporting would be necessary since the logs are already local on that machine so as long as there is a process that can send those logs to the ElasticSearch server then I would assume it could be done.

Initially I installed something on each VM that sends system logs for VM monitoring so I assume it would be a similar process. Unfortunately I am not an expert at ElasticSearch and that was years ago… is there a guide or something that might help us accomplish this?

Additionally, the link you provided only has log export instructions for Azure, AWS S3, and Google Cloud Storage but I can’t find any instructions for ElasticSearch (as of this date).

Hi Mitch,

Robot logs are routed to Orchestrator by default. If you want to configure the logs to go directly to other nlog listeners, see instructions here: Robot Logs.

If you go the Orchestrator route, the export option will put the logs in your storage of choice (in csv format - see help for an example) and from there you need to push them into your ElasticSearch.

thanks,
Nic

Any new update on this topic?
We are planning to move from on-prem to UiPath Cloud, what steps can I take to ensure logs appear on elastic search as well?

Any updates available?

Is this resolved already?