Issues with hotkeys in an Word Application Scope

I am running into an issue where UiPath is opening the word document for the application scope in the background, and then when it gets to the hotkeys part on the selected file it executes them on the original screen instead of on the word document. How do I make sure it executes on the selected word document? Please help.

1 Like

You are using modern or classic ?

#nK

@Nithinkrishna I am not sure which one is modern or classic, but here is the screenshot of what I am using.

1 Like

Hey @arunasan

As per your screenshot,

You may need to use Attach Window please to make sure the UI-Automation activities work.

Thanks
#nK

@Nithinkrishna So should I use Word Application Scope inside the Attach Window activity?

1 Like

Try the vice versa please…

Use the attach window inside word scope.

Thanks
#nK

Hi @arunasan ,

Word application scope opening the word document in background that’s why your hot keys are not working. Could you pls use start process to open your word with word .exe so that it will open word in foreground so your issue will resolve. Please have view on below thread for more guidance. Thanks.

@Nithinkrishna @kirankumar.mahanthi1

After I took the informative screenshot and indicated on screen in the hot key activity inside word application scope, this worked for me.
Thank you both for your suggestions.

2 Likes