Issue with Filter Data Table activity

Filter Data Table activity seems not working properly with UiPath.Excel.Activities update or something.
Filtering early achievers among 300 employees (lesson 9 part 2 in UiPath Academy level 1) worked fine before, but now after the update, it only shows column names.
I guess Issue with filter datatable posting reports same issue.

1 Like

Hi @kimrew
If filter data table activity is not working then you can use with assign activity
Steps
1.use build data table activity to create column names
2.create a data row variable with assign activity = dt.select(“‘column name1=value and column2 name=value’”)

Hi @kimrew
Check this post for your reference
Filter Data Table Column Field
Thanks
Ashwin.S

Select keep option in output column tab. And also mention the column to be included in output Datatable.

Also, ensure that your condition is satisfied in filter rows tab.

Yes, it worked fine that way, but it is not working anymore after something updated.
Same file from Academy download link, same activity with same condition.

Please show the screen shot of output column tab as well. If possible send the Workflow.

Hi, I got the same probem with the Filter Data Table activity. I tried all options but no luck :thinking:

This is the screenshot of the downloaded main.xaml. It doesn’t recognize the filter data table activity.

I have the exact same issue as above.

Hi @llind

Could you post a screenshot from your Package Manager, like this:

Could you try updating/repairing your packages via this manager?

1 Like

Hi, I updated the packages I have and tried again with no luck. I do notice that you have a higher version of UiPath.System.Activities than I do. I do not see how to get the alpha version of this. Please advise.

Here is what I have:

I don’t think there is a problem with this particular activity pack, but you can get it by clicking the Include Prerelease box at the top:

There is a pre-release Excel activity pack that you might give a try.

If all else fails, please go to the:
%userprofile%\.nuget\packages and rename the folder packages to packagesBackup`.

This will force Studio to redownload all the packages upon restart and hopefully fix your issue.

Hi,

Using the Prerelease check box does not show any pre-release packs for the ones we are talking about above. I have also renamed the packages folder and restarted Studio. This reloaded new packages and I still cannot get the Filter Data Table activity to work correctly. It doesn’t seem to be filtering anything. It reads the excel file and outputs the data in the excel file in a message box with no filtering. This is what I have:

packages

what if column names are same but in different datatables?

Hello,
I got similar issue where earlier it was working fine but giving error at FIlter data table.
I am doing extract data table.Here initially it was working fine even if data was there or not but now giving an error

Here what i am doing is that i am extracting the data then filtering.Even though data was there or not it was working.

I have the same issue. I read an Excel range into a data table, then I try to filter out one row into a new data table. I use a string variable to filter the table. The “Locals” panel shows

• the correct data in the first data table,
  • the correct content of the string variable (no spaces at the beginning or end)
  • the filtered data table, but that has only the column headers

Strangely enough, when I enter the text on which I want to filter directly into the filter wizard as a string, it works. When I pass the text on which I want to filter to the filter wizard as a variable, the filtered datatable has no records, only the column names. Using trim makes no difference. However, as I mentioned above, the Locals panel shows the correct content of the variable which I pass to the filter wizard.

The screenshots show the content of strAgent and the desired result when write the text into the filter wizard. When I write strAgent instead of “NNR BJS” into the filter wizard, It does not work.

Filter Rows and Output Columns are “Keep”, but that cannot be the issue, because filtering works with the fixed text.
I changed the data type of strAgent to Generic. That also did not work.

Actually, it worked until a few days ago, now suddenly it does not, no matter what I try.

Hi @Achi

I think the type of the column you are trying to filter is not string.

Could you try to create a new column of types string, then loop over your rows and copy all values from your source column to this new one.
Lastly, try to filter on that new column of strings.

Could you let us know if this worked?

I have an issue related to this thread.
If filtered column is of type date, how to retain data type of column ?
currently, it reads the date column but pastes its “values” not date text.

I’m not sure I understand, could you maybe provide an screenshot example?

when I filter the DataTable using wizard (there is no way I can keep the datatypes). So I have built the Datatable and then used filter data table.

However, instead of giving me “16/10/2019” , the filter data table gives me “41001”.

It has pasted the “values” of the date field.

sorry unable to provide screenshot as the dev PC is not connected to internet.

Solved. Need to use “preserve format” while using “read range activity”

2 Likes