ISettingsOperations.ConnectToServer threw System.Net.WebException: "Unable to connect to the remote server"

Hi UiPath Community,

I am facing an issue while connecting to the UiPath Orchestrator.
I am using community edition orchetrator and trying to connect UiPath Unattended robot and when I try to click on connect button on UiPath Assistance after entering all the details I am facing ISettingsOperations.ConnectToServer threw System.Net.WebException: “Unable to connect to the remote server”. this issue.

1 Like

Hello @Arun_Kumar_P!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Hi, @Arun_Kumar_P .
Was it resolved?

I encountered same error message, at another condition.
It seems to that trusted root certificate lacks the “Orchestrator’s self-signed Certificate”.
This error resolved to import the Orchestrator Certificate.
Please check the certificate conditions.

~In Japanese~
別の条件ではありますが、同じエラーが発生しました。
原因としては、Orchestratorのオレオレ自己証明書を発行したのに信頼されたルート証明書をインポートしていなかったです。
インポートすることで事象解決しました。

~In Japanese End~

Environments:
UiPath Orchestrator: v2020.10(on-premises, self-signed certificate )
UiPath Studio/Assistant: v2020.10.8

Hi @Arun_Kumar_P,

I encoutered the same issue in one of my customers. Did you manage to solve the problem? If so, can you explain how you did it please?
Thanks a lot

Hey @Rego

Check the SSL certificate and the connection between your machines and UiPath Cloud.
I faced this issue previously caused by proxy, find this Link.

Let us know if resolved this issue :blush:

Hi @MohammadAljaafreh,

The issue is not the SSL, the message is “Unable to connect to the remote server”. and it’s not in cloud but On-Prem. I never encouter this issue with my customers, this is the first time.

Hey @MigT

Clear, on the UiPath Orchestrator event viewer did you see any error?
Another question, your access to the Orchestrator server directly or through a firewall or NLP?

Many times you receive a generic error like the mentioned error, and most of the time this issue is related to the customer network not to the application; so I need extra information to narrow the scope :blush:

Hi @MohammadAljaafreh,

Thanks for you response :slight_smile:

No I didn’t see any error on Orchestrator.

Now we had an other error message “not able to connect to the URL”, we try with the mobile connexion and that was ok. So we supposed it’s a proxy access issue on the customer network. What do you think?

And when we are connected, it’s unlicensed but I add the machine and the license to the user with his domain\username. I need to investigate but if you have any solution let me know please.

Hey @MigT

First, try implementing the below command using PowerShell to test the connection between the Robot machine and the Orchestrator server.

Test-NetConnection "Orchestrator IP" -Port "Port number"
EX: Test-NetConnection 10.1.0.10 -Port 443

Implement the mentioned command on both side, Orchestrator and Robot machine, and share the result with us :robot:

Hi @MohammadAljaafreh,

Sorry for the delay. You can see below the results of PowerShell command :
Test connexion Orchestrator - robot (Novel-AGS)

1 Like

Hey @MigT

As mentioned in the second screenshot, you must open port 443 between 10.117.33.250 and the 51.103.108.206

Implement this change and please let us know if this solution solves the issue.

Just question, the IP number (10.117.33.250) for the Robot machine and 51.103.108.206 (for NLP IP) and 172.29.7.4 (for orchestrator server IP) right?

Thanks. I will try and let you know.

Yes that’s right

@MigT

You must open the Port between the NLP and Robot not between the Orchestrator and Robot.

I wish this solution solves your issue :smiley:

Sorry, I’m not an Expert on that but what’s the NLP. Is it on the Orchestrator server, robot machine, customer network ?
Sorry if my question can be stupid :s

@MigT

No worry, sorry for the unclear shortcut (NLP is Network Load Balancer), and is it in the Customer infrastructure environment.

Most of our customers, do not give direct access to the Orchestrator web application but through the Network Load Balancer to more easily scale the environment to a multi-node or High-Available design in the future.

Thanks.

We host the Orchestrator on our infrastructure and the robot is on the customer network. It’s a business for our little clients and we create one tenant per customer so it’s a special config but until now we didn’t encounter this issue.

So if I right understood, this is a manipulation on our side, not on the customer side, right ?

Hey @MigT

I think you must check both sides, firstly make sure to check on your side then customer side :wink:

Thanks @MohammadAljaafreh

In our side the port 443 https is open because with our other customers no problem and I checked. So I will contact my customer to verify this point.
I let you know

1 Like

Hey @MigT

Did you solve the issue?

Hi @MohammadAljaafreh ,

I had a meeting yesterday with IT team of my customer and that was not the issue. So they tryed to understand if it’s their security system, but it’s work. They told me that nothing has been changed but it seems strange. However, it’s solved so it’s cool even if I don’t know the reason :smiley:

Thanks again for your help

1 Like