Is Still we can schedule a uipath workflow from Windows Task Scheduler in Enterprise Edition

Hi Guys,

Can we able to schedule a job from windows task scheduler in Enterprise Edition?
@lakshman @loginerror @Palaniyappan @Pablito

Regards,
Abisha

1 Like

@Abisha

Technically yes but I thought it is prohibited using scheduler if it is unattended robot.

rgds,

is there any official notes by uipath team?

I once heard it from uipath sales staff, you’d better to ask them. Also, here we have license training, it might help you.

1 Like

Hi, The official link that mentions about the support for Task Scheduler: Robot API

Currently, For an unattended Robot triggering them from the Orchestrator is only supported.

1 Like

Hi @Dominic @Jumbo @Abisha
The kb-articles are deprecated and not actual.
@Abisha
Regarding Task Scheduler… it’s not prohibited anyway we are not supporting it anymore. It’s the reason why Orchestrator has been made.

2 Likes

@Pablito

Thanks for your help, I got it.
In that case, can I run attended robot with task scheduler even if there is nobody around the PC? (like mid night scheduling?)
I though I heard “attended robot without operator does not allowed”…

Hi
As said by others windows task schedular is not supported
Rather we got the options to trigger a process in a scheduled base with Orchetsrator Schedule option
Here is the official confirmation with the documentation of that process

Cheers @Abisha

2 Likes

it is only for enterprise version right?

1 Like

@Palaniyappan
As I wrote KB-Articles are not supported anymore. Soon those will be removed as are not actual and deprecated. Scheduling has been unsupported as in newer Studios/Robots they might be not compatible or throws and errors. It’s no that we don’t like this solution or anything like that.

@Jumbo
How would you like to perform task scheduler with attended robot on locked machine when user session is locked or logged off? According to this:

Attended - works on the same workstation as a human user and is usually triggered by the user through their actions (user events). You cannot start processes from Orchestrator on this type of Robots, and they cannot run under a locked screen. They can be started only from the Robot tray or from the Command Prompt. Attended Robots should only run under human supervision.

1 Like

No in general
it applies to both edition
@Abisha

1 Like

@Pablito

Thanks for your reply. I mentioned about this: Attended Robots should only run under human supervision.

I mean the PC is not logged off for robot execution but no one there. I think that is prohibited as you mentioned.

But “should” doesn’t mean “prohibited” :slight_smile:. I just wanted to say that it might not work, or the effect will be not as wanted. This is all about why we are not supporting it. If somebody want to try, sure :slight_smile:. But we can’t solve any issues/errors related to this based on the fact that Orchestrator has been made for scheduling :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Pablito

I got it. now I’m clear :grinning:
If I have chance, I will try the task scheduler way.

Best regareds,

1 Like

Hi @Pablito ,

Can you please provide me a link where UiPath says it doesn’t support scheduling of a Robot through Task Scheduler.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @shivagowdavarad,
There is not such a thing. I just mentioned that it is not supported by us. We are focused more on Orchestrator/API solutions.