Is it possible to schedule the process to run from UI Studio other than Orchestrator?

robot

Scenario:

Steps to reproduce:

Current Behavior:

Expected Behavior:

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version:

Last stable behavior:
Last stable version:
OS Version:
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc):

Hi,
@kavyachenna
You can you windows scheduler.

Refer below url

Regards,
Arivu

Task Scheduler is not supported anymore,Its deprecated since version 8.
you’ll need to use Orchestrator.

Hi @ddpadil,

I know this is info for some weeks now, but I do not think this is ok.

To customers with processes already implemented and running this way, what UiPath actually says ‘It is Orchestrator or nothing’.

Does UPath have a way for those processes to continue running without customers paying again for re-work or extra licenses?

Kind regards,
Dimitrios

viorela ! this one for you.:slightly_smiling_face:
@ovi

Hi Dimitrios,

First, let’s set some things clear in order to give the right answers. What version do you have? Have you done any upgrades?

Which way? If in 2016.2 version they had a number of Attended/Unattended or FO/BO robots, when migrating to 2017.1 the number of robots will be transfered to the new licensing.

Task scheduler is not supported since 2016 version - meaning if something goes wrong if you use it, we don’t offer solutions.

The recommendation of using Orchestrator is because it has improved a lot(in matters of security, logging, licensing etc.) and UiPath is offering full support on it.

So, again, how were you running the processes before and what’s changed now? Please provide Studio/Robot versions.

Thanks!

How to schedule the robot by using task schedular
Orchestrator&robot

Hi @ovi and thanks for the response.

I do not disagree that Orchestrator offers all these beautiful things, on the contrary I would love it if all my clients had one. However, my question is not about a specific case.
I am just saying that if one decides to upgrade without an Orchestrator or buy new licenses he has no other alternative than Orchestrator in regards to scheduling.
That is why I am saying that it is ‘Orchestrator or nothing’.

Kind regards,
Dimitrios

Yes, if an upgrade is made, scheduling is through Orchestrator only. :slight_smile: