Is it possible to pass argument values to call a robot through Orchestrator API?

We are thinking to click a RPA button on our internal website to call a robot, and need to pass some values to the robot at the same time. Our 2016.2 version Orchestrator doesn’t support it. Hope to have this feature in newer versions.

1 Like

Nice idea - can’t you use information from the Queue to provide this information or is this more to do with scheduling and passing parameters?

1 Like

You mean like in this topic? There it’s with schedules, but it’s basically the same thing (ability to start a job with arguments)

If yes, please upvote - this is pending waaaay too long…

1 Like

Thanks. I thought of this, but it still different. We don’t want to store all the parameter data in the queue, beside, consuming the queue needs polling mechanism.

Yes. I can’t find like button on the topic tho…

Use the Vote button at the top of the topic. It has been changed for Ideas some time ago.

Voted. I think it’s a design problem. That vote button is not very stand out… I wasn’t noticed it’t a button…

Hi RPA Enthusiasts,

Hope you all are doing great.
Just wanted to confirm if there is any update on this? Are we able to pass custom arguments while initiating a process release through orchestrator (without having to do it with assets)?

If yes, could someone please guide me how to do it?

If not, I would like to highlight again to UiPath team to implement this asap as this is often a key requirement while working with big RPA programs. This feature will only make this tool more awesome!

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @tomy,

It would be of immense help if you could post a sample workflow for the above.

I am new to RPA and I am building something similar.

Thanks in advance…