Is it possible to connect to mysql database using uipath? If yes? How to connect to MySQL Database?

I’m having problem connecting. Can anyone post any link where I can get the steps of how to do it?

Hello,

fr MySql connection,
inside Connect node you can simply pass the connection string is enough. It will automatically gets updated

“server=‘10.100.X.XX’; UID=‘UiPath’; PASSWORD=‘******’; DATABASE=‘UiPath’; PORT=‘3306’;”

for example i have attached a smple flow, edit it accordingly to your db server.MySQL_Test.xaml (5.6 KB)

Thanks,
Meg

2 Likes

yes u can connect my sql with uipath but connection method is bit different first you have to install mysql connector into your system from which your willing to connect your database,
then you have to create the odbc connection from control pannel > administrative tools > odbc connection.

3 Likes

Hey ,
You need to connect the database with UiPath using Mysql Odbc Connector.
Then you can connect UiPath with MySQL.

Regard’s,
Suruchi

Use connect activity. Under properties Use provider name as MySql.Data.MySqlClient. Set your connection string “Server=127.0.0.1;Database=xxx;Uid=xxxx;Pwd=xxx”. Thats it
cheers

Can you tell me in more detail about setting up the odbc connection

Thank you

2 Likes

1 - very first you have to check version of MySQL server.
2- You have to download and install the mysql connector according to the version and how many bit (32bit/64bit) set of my sql u have install.
3- then you have to create odbc connection string into your system. for that follow below step

• Open control panel then go to Administrative Tools then select ODBC data source Administrator according to setup u have install it is better if you install 32 bit.

• In ODBC data source Administrator Tools Go to System DNS

Capture

• under Syetem DNS Tab Click on Add Button. once you click on add you will get he below screen.

Capture

• if you have install the MySQL connector then it will appear in the list. now click on MSSQL ODBC 8.0 ANSI Driver (Version may change)

• once you click on MSSQL ODBC 8.0 ANSI Driver below screen will appear.

Capture

• In above screen Enter Data Source Name as per Your conviniace; Then enter IP Address/ MYSQL Pipe name which you have created while installing MySQL server

• type userName and password which you are using to login into mysql and select the database schema which you want to use in your process.

• once create the connection it will appear under system DNS and ready to use in uipath.

Capture

• open your uipath studio drag connection activity.

• Click On Configure Connection

Capture

• Click On Connection Wizard

Capture

• After Clicking of connection Wizard new window will appear with title having choose data Source in that window select Microsoft ODBC data Source click on Ok Button.

Capture

• Now in connection property window under use user or system data source name select connection that we have created and click on ok.

Capture

11 Likes

for me RPA in datasoure is not showing, i haave done the same wy what u did

sir am already download what is the server name should i give

It works…Thanks a lot

1 Like

I had the same problem, because I installed the 64 bit version. Then, I installed the 32 bit version, I created newly the DSN and now it appears in wizard connector and works connection.

Hiam having some issues with db can you please help

what is the issue?

hi when am integrating db its working in my system,after deploying we are not getting data can you helpme

i have integrated db with uipath and i have wrote excute non query and the data related to bot should come to db its working fine for me,after deploying bots we supposed to get data but we are not getting anything that i need to cehck?

the server is different for me and different for them and the db am using for only getting bot information,am getting when am running from my machine when client runs we have to get data but data isnt coming…what should i check

This might be because of Domain issue, have to check with infra team.
can you check is that server is accessable from deployed machine?

ok thank you…

yes server they are able to reach
still am getting
[ConfigurationErrorsException: Failed to find or load the registered .Net Framework Data Provider.]
I have used connection string
“Server=YourHostName;Database=DatabaseName;Uid=userName;Pwd=Password;”
with provider as “MySql.Data.MySqlClient”

@gouthami_v did you also install the ODBC (32bit) version on the client computer?