Interacting with chrome extensions

Hi I’m a new RPA developer and I’m trying to automate the clicks of a chrome extension just by adding a click activity and indicating it on the screen, but when I run, the extension is not click. I particularly need it to work this way because of certain requirements (vs. web recording). Can anyone help? thanks!

Hi @Leela_Morris

can you please explain on what exactly you want to click?

Regards,
Reda

Hi reda! I’m working on web accessibility and I’m using a chrome extension called Wave. I dropped a click activity and when I go to indicate on the screen, it seems to be fine, but it doesn’t trigger the click at all.

When you;re indicating on the screen you can see the icon of the extension getting highlighted and not anything else with, meaning does UiPath detect the icon of the extension as an element??

because this is not the case for me .

No it is not highlighted for me. It highlights the entire webpage.

Hi @Leela_Morris

Well this is what’s happening to me also, I think in this case you should use clipping region, meaning you will click on the image of the icon rather than its element representation.

To do this place an click activity, click indicate on screen, and click at the edge of the icon an hold click and hover over it to place the icon inside the square that you’re creating.

Regards,
Reda

Thank you so much reda! Your explanation got it working! I appreciate the help so much!

Thanks again,
Leela

Glad it helped :slight_smile:

[please mark the right answer as solution so other people can find it easily]

Regards,
Reda

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.