If Activity Condition Idea - How About Using Other Activities?

Just a thought - if the If Activity also could accept an Activity whose resulting value was always a Boolean, for example Element Exists or a returned Out Argument from Invoke Code, it would provide a simplified pattern for creating control structure conditions.

As it is now, there is a two step process of calling the Boolean-returning activity, assigning the returned value to a variable, and then using that variable or some other statement resulting in a Boolean value in your If Activity.

With this, we could just drop the Activity in the If Conditional in a box that accepts an activity. I think it would be cleaner and just a neat little bit of Quality of Life for a developer. Less temporary variables to track and all.

I’ve used boolean-resulting Activities used in Retry Scope, so I can see the technology for using an activity to return value to another activity is there. Can it be applied in this way too?

1 Like

This is essentially moot with modern activities. For example, Check App State automatically diverts to one of two branches - element appears, element doesn’t appear.

I suppose you are correct. I’m stuck working in classic activities only currently on some projects I wasn’t given design choice for, so this does impact me somewhat.

Just an idea after all.

As with most things, there are probably uses for it that we can’t even imagine.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.