Feature request: In the IF be able to use an activity as your condition

It would be cool if we could use activities with boolean outputs as conditions in IF statements, like how the activities Retry Scope & Verify Control Attribute already do this.

As an example, to check if a folder already exists you would do something like this:

But instead, we could directly incorporate it like this:

Hi @ijanszen

Thank you for your suggestion. This is not the first time I see this suggestion mentioned and we will consider it when thinking about the future iteration of the IF activity.

This might not have a high priority though, mainly because it is uncertain how much benefit it would actually bring (especially when soon you will be able to naturally pass your output variables in Studio the same way you can currently do it in Studio Web, all without having to create them upfront).

1 Like

Hi Maciej,

Thank you for the reply. I understand it isn’t a high prio and more of a nice to have.
Do you have an example of how it would work in studio web? I haven’t had a chance to work with it yet.

It might not be 100% with booleans, but the principle is the same as below:

A similar experience will be available in Studio Desktop (I believe it already is there to some extent starting with 2023.4), which should already help out with passing the variables from one activity to the other and make everyone’s life much easier when developing their workflows.

1 Like