Identifiying difference between 2 identical buttons

i have two identical buttons,“new” and i am only trying to click one of them.

i am having serious trouble getting the system to differentiate them. i have used ui explorer to edit out selectors and anchors on the words to the left of the button, Care Events

looking at the ui explorer info both are very similar if not the same and the parts that are not the same basically change every time you open the page, for example the parent ID.

Hi @Jason_Dossett

If the selectors are almost the same, and the rest of the parts are changing every time the page is loaded, I would suggest you to use Hot keys to navigate to the button that you want to click.

Just to double check, in UI Explorer, try every tag that it captures and see whether there is atleast one element that can be used to find the element. If all that fails, I think the hot keys is the next best option…

1 Like

@Jason_Dossett, to develop two identical buttons, developer need to make at least 1 unique property in the back-end. with out that it is not possible to build an application. If you spend some time on both selectors then you can find the difference. else you can detect those buttons by using idx=0,1,2,3… value.
Hope my inputs are useful.

2 Likes

i figured out a way around it by selecting the care even hotlink and selecting new on that page, i had to go there in a few steps anyway so it worked out. thank you for the advice!

i figured out a way around it by selecting the care even hotlink and selecting new on that page, i had to go there in a few steps anyway so it worked out. oddly enough after comparing them literally every single selector value that uipath explorer pulled up was exactly the same. my guess is something something parent is how they are making the decision on their end.

thank you for the advice!