I want to split data from a cell in excel and need to paste the values in different rows

Hi,

I want to split data from a cell in excel and need to paste the values in different rows.
Sample: cell1: ABC001234/ABC002/ABC876523/ABC002443
cell 2 : ABC002/ABC876523

Need to split and paste the values of cell1 to the next row without overwriting(Create separate rows based upon the split data count) the values(cell2) which is already present.

1 Like

Hi @Ash3,

Welcome to the UiPath Community.

For splitting, please refer to this file: Split.xaml (4.9 KB)

Thanks and regards.
Despi

1 Like

Hi @Ash3

Welcome to the Community!!! :smiley:
I have created a workflow file for your scenario. It gets the cell value (Cell 1) and does the split. and for each value, it writes into different rows just like you require…

Check it out…
If this works out for you, please mark the appropriate answer as the solution so it could help others as well :slight_smile:

SplitAndWriteToIndividualCells.xaml (7.8 KB)

The output is like this

1 Like

Hi @Lahiru.Fernando
Yes, It is working…
But it is overwriting the values which is already in the cell 2.
I want to write the values into newly created rows if cell 2 contains any data.
In this scenario, 3 new rows should be created between cell 1 and cell2.
Could you please help.

Sample.

1. ABC001234
  2. ABC002
  3. ABC876523
  4. ABC002443
  5. ABC001234
  6. ABC002
  7. ABC876523
  8. ABC002443

@Ash3

So just help me clear a small doubt. So If I run this the initial time, it will fill the cell A2, A3 A4 for example. If I give a new number, it should not over write the values in A2, A3 and A4, and it should start writing from A5 onwards right?

@Lahiru.Fernando

The cell 3 already has some values, If i run this it will overwrite the values in cell 3.
So, Instead of overwriting in cell 3, I have to create new cells in-between cell2 and cell 3 and need to write in that cells.

Hi @Ash3

I was able to add rows in between and do the thing again. Check this out.
What I did here is, I tried to add rows in between A2 and A3. A3 initially had the value “Test” and it was able to move the row that contained “Test” down and add the values in-between. So I guess this is what you are looking for?

SplitAndWriteToIndividualCells.xaml (7.8 KB)

3 Likes

Thank you so much @Lahiru.Fernando. this is what I require.

1 Like

@Ash3 You are welcome!! Please mark the answer as the solution so it could help others as well… :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.