I need Help Optimizing my UiPath Workflows

I’ve been using UiPath for a little bit and have come across some challenges when implementing certain activities in my automation such as getting a click activity to find a UI element in my browser(even if I’d set a TargetAnchorable on the click event activity)
. What are some best practices you’ve found helpful for ensuring smooth interactions between different activities in complex workflows?

@Bino

Welcome to the community

You need to use ui explorer and find a strict selector as much as possible…

Ui exlorer will help you to fine tune your selectors as you need

Here is a small video

Cheers

Hi @Bino ,
Thanks for reaching out to UiPath community.
There are somethings to look upon.

Ensure your selectors are robust and unlikely to change. Use the UiExplorer tool to create reliable selectors, and consider using wildcards (*) where appropriate.

If elements change dynamically, use variables or wildcards in selectors to make them more flexible.
Leverage the “Find Element” and “Find Image” activities for dynamic situations.

And using timeouts, parallel activities and good amount of logging and also using exception handling to make sure the workflow runs fine.

Thanks,
@pratik.maskar

@Bino

Certainly! Here are some concise best practices for smooth interactions in UiPath workflows:

1. Consistent Selectors: Ensure stable and consistent selectors for UI interactions. Avoid using overly specific or dynamic attributes that may change.

2. Use WaitForReady: Adjust the WaitForReady property in activities like Click to WaitForReady.COMPLETE or INTERACTIVE for better synchronization with the application.

3. Element Existence: Before interacting with an element, use Element Exists activity to check if the element is present. Use it as a condition to handle scenarios where the element might not be immediately available.

4. Delay Activities: Introduce appropriate delays using Delay Before/Delay After activities to allow the application to catch up, especially after heavy UI interactions.

5. Dynamic Selectors: If necessary, make selectors dynamic by using variables or wildcards to handle variations in attributes.

6. Browser Interaction: For web automation, use the “Attach Browser” activity to scope your activities within a specific browser window, ensuring better reliability.

7. Error Handling: Implement robust error handling mechanisms using Try-Catch blocks to gracefully manage exceptions and handle unexpected scenarios.

8. Logging: Use Log Message activities strategically to log important information at various stages, aiding in troubleshooting and monitoring.

9. Parallel Execution: Leverage parallel workflows or parallel activities to perform independent tasks concurrently, improving overall efficiency.

10. Modular Design: Break down complex workflows into smaller, modular workflows or sequences for better organization and ease of maintenance.

Remember, these practices may need adaptation based on specific scenarios, but they provide a foundation for creating more robust and reliable automations.

cheers…