I don't know how to retrieve the results of a shell in linux

Hello.

This is my problem:

I have to create a robot that connects to a linux machine, runs some scripts that are already created on the machine, and reads the results that the script returns to perform more tasks. For example:

(I’m doing it in Python, but I also tried opening Putty application activities and writing to console, but in both cases I can’t read what the console returns)

-I open a putty connection and logo to the linux machine with a username and password
-Then I launch a script that returns this: “The job returns 235 results”
-And I want to read that 235 to send an email

My problem is that it doesn’t read that 235 value. Does anyone know if this can be done, or if there is a way to do it?

Regards thank you very much

Hi @festeban ,
Please try terminal activities to run and get results from scripts. It should work but in case this approach don’t work you can go for computer vision in order to get text and then you can parse it

I’m trying the option you told me. At the moment it’s giving me problems to connect to my virtual machine but I guess I’m going the right way. Thanks for the help

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.