How to work with Remote debugging

Hi All

@Anil_G

I am Trying to access an Remote AWS Machine to debug a defect and when I initiated the Test Connection it is getting an error . Can anyone help on detail steps on how to enable the remote debugging.

@divya.17290

As per error looks like the machine is not reachable

just to check can you open cmd and perform a ping to the machine and see if you get response

cheers

How do i that? can you please help me?

@divya.17290

Open command prompt

then type ping <MachineIP>

cheers

In other RDP what should i do?

@divya.17290

This is to check if the current machine from which you are trying to connect the remote machine is accessible or not

if ping is successful then you need not use

cheers

i got this reply

How do i check its success or not?

@divya.17290

This means it is not successful…request to ping is unsuccessful

either the machine you are trying to reach is logged off/not available

Or

the machine is not in the same domain as the current machine…and it is not accessible from your machine

You have to go into that domain to access or reach to your IT to see why the machine is unavailable

cheers

Hi @divya.17290

it’s not successful.
Can you check with IT team if you need to connect to some VPN to access that AWS Machine OR is it turned on or not.

we have two instances, can i connect that different one?

the machine which i try to connect that is different one.should i use same instance?

VPN access not required
I m just open that machine while connecting it

@divya.17290

Yes please try with other one you should see ping successful or response received

In the first place how do you connect to your VM normally?

cheers

We will connect VM(AWS server) open by the instance in RDP and login the server

@divya.17290

So basically from the current system you connect to another and from there you do rdp right?

if yes then from the current system you cannot access it …that is the reason you are given one more vm in between

you need to login to any system on that same server or VM and then find a studio on it and perform remote debugging or you should be given access to that system you want to connect to

cheers

I tried with the same instance different username.
i got following error

I can connect with same AWS instance with different user. its working. thanks!

1 Like

Can i connect with different AWS instances? Is it possible?