How to Upload Excel/CSV files to a particular website?

Hi All, I am new learner in RPA world and excited to find this amazing tool. I meet problem when I try to use Web/App recorder or Use Application/Browser activities to upload files in a specific folder in my computer to a website that I have access to. I would have more than 10 files in the folder everyday to be uploaded. So it would be very efficient if I can use StudioX to do this for me. The issue I encounter is there is no “Upload file” as one of the activities… Can you help me on how to do that? Thank you!

Hi @biyushihaohaizi,

Is there a place on the website you’re using to upload files? If so, you can use click/type into activities to upload your files. You don’t have to use the recordings, with UiPath Studio you can drag-and-drop acitivities into a sequence and indicate them yourself, which is essentially what a recording does. I am sure it’s the same with StudioX.

1 Like

Hi William, thank you so much for helping me. I tried “Click” activities under Use Application/Web and it works. I have a small further question on how I can repeat this activity to apply to each file in my folder.image As shown in the screenshot, by using Click activity, I can navigate from web button to a pop-up window to choose the files from a specific folder. However, double clicking the file name in the folder is a one time action, I want this action to be repeated to every file in my folder. and I tried with For each file in the folder activity, but this doesn’t work coz my Click activity is on a specific file name and robot would repeat to find the same file name rather than other files in my folder. I am thinking if there is any alternative to Click to apply to every item by sequence without specifying the file name?

@biyushihaohaizi – Get all files in the folder first using diretory.getfiles, Say Files…Then using for each activity loop through all Files one by one…inside the loop do your upload…

1 Like

Hi @biyushihaohaizi,

As @prasath17 suggested, use a for each with Directory.GetFiles(“yourfilepath”). Also, instead of clicking the files, you can type the filepath into the filepath box on the Windows Explorer and then press enter. This will be faster and more stable than clicking each file.

This screenshot is downloading a file, but you can specify the variable used in the For Each (this is item as default):