How to : UiPath Cloud Orchestrator API with Postman/Python?

Hi all, I have been struggling for the past few hours on trying to understand how to:

I want to use UiPath Cloud Orchestrator APIs so I can interact with Orchestrator programmatically using python for example, but im unable to find any good information

1.How do I get authentication token via python script so I can use it for my requests
3. How to build this request in pythons script

I have even tried using postman, i cant get it to work either.

I am unable to find such information, even though I have looked at similar questions people have asked this I’m still unable to find answers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

@Sidney_Vogel

1. First create an external application in orchestrator and give confidential application and application scope and save the client id and secret

Then you can use it in postman or python

Body:

{
    grant_type: "client_credentials"
    client_id: "{app_id}"
    client_secret: "{app_secret}"
    scope: "{scopes}"
}

Header:

Content-type to be application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Endpoint: {orchBaseURL}/identity_/connect/token

Using app token

Try in postman first

Cheers

Hi @Anil_G Thanks for the information, unfortunately that info seems 3 + years old, Our Cloud instance does not have this option:

How to get API Access information from automation cloud?

1. Log in to your Automation Cloud account.
  2. Navigate to Admin > Tenants. The Tenants page lists all existing tenants.
  3. Click the arrow on the left of the desired tenant to display its available services.
  4. Click API Access () for the Orchestrator service. The API Access window opens and includes the following service-specific information:

We only have External Application option, also * Registering an external application to use the OAuth flow (information and instructions). this link lead to no where and it seems the documentation does not exist

Next: * Under body (raw) {“grant_type": “refresh_token”, “client_id”: “{client_ID}”, “refresh_token”: “{user_key}”}
What exactly is the “{user_key}” and where do I find this information In UiPath Cloud Modern interface? Which is what we are using

And lastly, what Authorization should I use in Postmant to try to get the access token?

@Sidney_Vogel

The first part is the one for OAuth and not with API Key

For creating external application navigate to admin-> External Application

There select confidential and application scope…you will get the required app ID and app Secret .Scope i the one depends on what you define in the application scope menu…can copy paste

Hi @Anil_G thanks, however when I do this I get the following response:

{
“error”: “invalid_client”
}

Also what should the Authorization in Postman be in this case?

@Sidney_Vogel

Did you add the content type inheader?

Cheers

Hi @Anil_G Yes I did

@Sidney_Vogel

Did you create with Application scope and Confidential application?

Also can you give the scope of Folders or something and try

Also instead of adding the body as raw can we add as individual items …just like the header bit

cheers

Thank you @Anil_G for all the information, I think il have to create a support case with UiPath cos after all that and checking and testing and making sure everything is correctly set, I still get the same error

{
“error”: “invalid_client”
}

Thank you for all your help.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.