How to sum data present in multiple sheets in excel. Creating Monthly report from daily reports

Hi All,

I have requirement that I need to SUM the data present in daily sheets present in an excel and create a monthly sheet. Eg. I need to SUM B2 Column of each sheet and update the same in the Monthly sheet,
similarly, I need to add the same cells in all the sheets and update in monthly report.
Attached is the Daily report (Multiple sheets) and after adding Monthly report should look like the below screenshot.
Appreciate your help.

DailyReport.xlsx (9.5 KB)

Hi @IshaSharma,

May I know that whether the template is same or not? I mean is there always 5 rows and 4 columns?

Thanks & Regards,
Apurba

You can do it in two ways.

Applying an excel formula with all the sheets For example
=SUM(Sheet1!B:B,Sheet2!B:B) - it sums all the values of columnB in sheets Sheet1 & Sheet2.

Read all the sheets into a data table, sum the columns of each data table and create a new data table and add rows to the data table with this sums. Finally use Write Range activity to write the monthly report to an excel file.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

Hi Apurba,

Thanks for replying. Yes, Template will always be same for Daily reports. Also Daily Report and Monthly Report template will also be same.

Regards,
Isha

Hi Karthik,
Thanks for replying. Requirement is not actually to sum the columns. Each cell of each sheets needs to be added to the same cell of next sheet. Daily one sheet is generated, So addition of same cells 30 sheets needs to be achieved.

Regards,
Isha

Hi All,

Thank you for your time. Iā€™m able to find the solution.

Regards,
Isha

1 Like

Good to know.

1 Like