How to select a text from a webpage

Hello team,

I would like to ask if there is any option that I am missing to select the yellow text and than copy paste it to the Username and Password field?

My idea is to select it like we do when we select a text that it gets blue color for example and than copy paste it.

I have been thinking in Get text activity but it chooses all the "Accepted username are: " and than I will have to do string manipulations.I wanned to avoid this cuz Im not so good in string manipulations. I was thinking also in Select item but it does not work.

Any other option that u know, pls?
Thank you

Hi @Xheni_Xhensila
is it possible to share the URL of the page

so we can try and let u know

Thanks

Yes sure: https://www.saucedemo.com/
If it is not possible like I want, than pls help me to take only the " standard_user" instead and “secret_sauce”
Thank you

1 Like

Hi @Xheni_Xhensila ,
use below activity and get aaname

1 Like

Hi @Xheni_Xhensila
suggested for password table get attribute is possible since there are no other data present below

whereas fr username even though if u go with get attribute still u hv to use regex or split

so please find the sample code created for reference
Sequence.xaml (5.8 KB)

i could find limited pattern to extract using regex since entire table is coming in one single line

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

kindly close the topic if ur query is resolved @Xheni_Xhensila
and mark as solution

No problem @Xheni_Xhensila

Hello,

Can you please tell me that “_user” will be static or not in all the Usernames?

yes looks like static

Than you Can Get Username Like This
GetUserName.Split(“:“c)(1).Split(”_“c)(0)+”_user”

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Saloni

Hi @Xheni_Xhensila

if the sequence provided is working as expected please do close the topic and mark as solution so that it would be benefitted to others

use get attribute activity and select attribute which is giving you effective output , from there you can easily split the string

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.