How to resolve SSL/TLS connection errors? (connect to test manager from studio pro)

Hi guys!

As shown in the figure below, I received the following error message when trying to connect to test manager from studio pro.
How can I solve this problem?

error message: How to resolve SSL/TLS connection errors when connecting to test manager from studio pro

details: System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

※I think the test manager that I installed is already working.

Thank you!

@111962

Have a look below thread and try once.

1 Like

Hi,

Perhaps, you should check more detailed information from EventViewer of WindowsOS.
Can you share it if there is.

Regards,

1 Like

thank you for your quick replay.
It seems like the remote certificate is invalid.

I also got this information in deatils.
System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Hi,

Give it a try to access the URL using browser (IE etc). Probably we can know its cause such as date expired, hostname is not matched with cn in cretificate, not trusted certificate or chain etc.

Regards,

1 Like

thank you for your replay.

When I access test manager URL in IE browser. I got this message:【Your PC does not trust the security certificate of this web site. 】

It seems like the security certificate is not OK.

Hi,

This means the server certificate isn’t on your trust certificate chain.
Do you have root certificate of the server certificate? Probably you need to add the root certificate to your certificate store of OS.

Regards,

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.
I’ll try to see if I can add a root certificate.

After adding the root certificate to my PC, I can now connect to test manager. :bowing_woman:
Thank you very much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.