How to pass the variable from one workflow

we are unable to pass the value from one workflow to another we have created the argument but we are stuck into infinite loop.

Please check this -

1 Like

That doesn’t help. I assigned the variable to an argument and tried to pass the argument out and it’s not working. Nothing passes out of the workflow. Every time I change the argument to out type it says default value not supported. When I try to log the argument to see what it is it doesn’t have anything in it.

@alicat0818
Firstly, try to surround your workflow activity in Try-Catch block,-if you have not already done so- this will help exceptions. After that, create out argument for the variable that you want to send. Invoke the workflow where you want to import the arguments. In the import arguments, as in arguments(same variable name as out, but with prefix “in_”).

If you have your workflow to where you are sending the arguments as a separate block(instead of invoking it within the parent workflow), try to assign the out arguments in finally block to export the arguments.

Can you please tell me your requirement.
What is the value that you are expecting from the invoked workflow.

So I will send you the sample workflow.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

In my DRF Retrieval workflow I have this.

I use the DRFFileName in multiple places within that workflow and I need to pass it out to other workflows, some still in the Init and some in other places. I wanted to pass the DRFFileName variable out to the Main, but I’m not able to link anything to the out arguments. and the in is coming back blank.

Never mind. I asked a coworker and he said that it’s probably because I was trying to make the changes while I was in debug mode. I switched to the Design tab and made my updates and it worked.

1 Like

Good to know it worked.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari