How to Operate .xlsb file in UIPATH. When i am trying to write using write and append activity to file having extension .xlsb. It is giving error message as ".xslb is not supported. Supported extension are .xlsm and .xlsx"

How to Operate .xlsb file in UIPATH. When i am trying to write using write and append activity to file having extension .xlsb. It is giving error message as .xlsb is not supported. Supported extension are .xlsm and .xlsx

Since there is not support for this filetype, you would have to update the file using Excel as a separate application rather than using Excel activities.

I still think it would be nice if this filetype were supported, however.

Hi @Anthony_Humphries ,
Sorry to bring this topic up :slight_smile:

I just agree 100%, I’m working today with Business Intelligence and they’re used to handle LOTS of data so, they ususally compress to .xlsb binary files.

I would like to add @loginerror and @Tudor_Sandu just to inform about this issue to maybe, take it in consideration for new updates.

BTW @prasadrahul136 I recommend you to switch hashtags to “Feedback” and “Activities” in order to give them more visibility.

Thanks to all of you guys

Hug

I gave it a quick check and it looks to be working for Excel Application Scope but not the Workbook activities:

(the top one gives the error while the bottom one works just fine)

I would assume that this is a technical limitation of the System Read Range activity.

3 Likes

Thank you so much @loginerror for your feedback,

I also want to add that, in my case, I got an issue by trying to run macros in .xlsb with the activity “Execute Macro” from UiPath.Excel.Activities v.2.8.6 so, maybe this is another package to fix in the future

Hug

Would you mind attaching a sample fresh project that reproduces the issue when run? It would help a lot and it doesn’t have to be a complicated project, just a zip with the project folder, sample xlsb file and some simple macro that causes the issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks again,

I just have run a simple macro on a test .xlsb and it runs perfectly,
I found this issue with large files with buttons so maybe there is sometrhing wrong in their built, I’m going to research deeply

In the meantime I apologize with you, I didn’t test in simple files so, right now, I can say it’s working like a charm with these files :slight_smile:

Thank you as usual for your help and patience!

Hug!

No need to apologise :slight_smile: If it fails for files that are bit more complex and you will be able to reproduce it with a dummy, more complex file, it would still be worth creating a bug for it.

1 Like

which version of excel activities are you using?

I tested it on the latest version just now and it looks to be working just fine: