How to open .exe file

Hi guys,

can any one help me how to open a .exe file…i tried with open application and start process…
i dont know the steps…please help me out this.

Thanks,
Suresh.

@suresh_kumar4

Use Start Process activity and provide full path of that .exe file and then it will open application.

1 Like

Thanks for your quick reply… i tried using start process it opens the application after opening the application i want have to click ok button…i cant able to click that ok button

here i am installing the .exe file and after installing the file i want to login the application…

Thanks,
Suresh.

1 Like

@suresh_kumar4

Use Attach Window activity and indiacte that window and then inside this use other activites you want to perform in it.

Hi @suresh_kumar4 u can try send hotkey and type enter and see if it works or use attach window inside it give click activity to ok button.

here i am not able to spy that ok button… my whole screen hides my task bar…so how can i use uipath to perform the actions.

i cant to use any keys … i dont have option to click i even not able to take screen shot also
here after i click the .exe file it opens a dialog box saying that you want install this file… there i want to click yes… so here i am not able to indicate that yes button… my whole window is hiding except that dialog box…

so how can i handle this…

thanks,
Suresh.

Possibly record your Keyboard clicks in notepad or write it down on paper. Then try and use Send Key to mimic what you wrote on paper and see if that works. You probably cannot record via UiPath when this modal window pops up.