How to OCR Images in a Folder and Write to Excel(or Google spread sheet)

Hello. I would like to perform the following tasks with UiPath. Could you advise me on how to go about it?

1. Process all Korean language images in a folder with OCR.
  2. Insert the text extracted by OCR into the cells of a Google Spreadsheet (or Excel) for each image. (The sheet is the same.)

I’m not very familiar with programming languages, so I would really appreciate a simple explanation.

Hi,

Basically, it will be as the following.

Regards,

Hello. Thanks to your help, I was able to fix my code. Thank you. However, when debugging, I continue to get an error in the OCR activity that says, “OCR - Japanese, Chinese, Korean: One or more errors occurred. (Invalid URI: The URI is empty.)” This is from the code you sent me, with a few modifications. What could have been the problem?

Hi,

It’s necessary to set data in Endpoint and API key.

Information for Endpoint is in the following document. (See ChineseJapaneseKoreanOCR)

We can get APIKey (for Computer Vision or Document Understanding) from License in Admin page of Automation Cloud

Regards,

1 Like

Hello. I’m a Korean user currently using UiPath with Mac Parallels.

I’m using the ‘Tesseract OCR’ in the OCR activity. I understand that I need to create a ‘Tesseract’ folder in the ‘UiPath’ folder on the C: drive and place the ‘kor.traineddata’ file inside that folder (Reference link: Invalid Input Language When Using Tesseract OCR Engine).
(I ended up changing the OCR activity settings because they were difficult to configure.)

As the ‘UiPath’ folder was not automatically generated, I manually completed all the steps. However, I still encounter the error “Tesseract OCR: Error performing OCR: InvalidInputLanguage”.

Could this issue be due to Mac Parallels?

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.
I’m so grateful for your help.

Hi,

The following post may help you.

Regards,

I’m still working on solving the issue, but I really appreciate you letting me know. I’m very grateful and respectful.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.