How to make a trigger start after every 7 hours and 5 minutes?

Hi everyone, I want to make a trigger that make a job start after every 7 hours and 5 minutes. Ex: First time at 00:00, second time at 07:05, third time at 14:10.
I was trying to use Hourly in trigger. However, it is not what I want to. If I set every 7 hours at 5 minutes. The result will be First time at 00:05, second time at 07:05, third time at 14:05.
Happy to listen to your advice
Thank you

Hi @Dam_Son

Please try this and let know if it works,

0 5 1-23/7 ? * * *

It will start after 1 hr and end at 23 hr, so hoping it will skip the first trigger at 00:05

And if you don’t want 21.05( as you are saying 07.05,14.05 and not 21.05)also try this,

0 5 1-15/7 ? * * *

Thanks

1 Like

@Dam_Son
Kindly note: Crons are time based and not interval based
24hrs / 7 is a fraction, so maybe to adopt to get it fit into 1 day based scheduled

Also have a look here to get some support for developing a cron statement:

Maybe you can work with this: 0,7,14,21,0 next day
0 0 0/7 ? * * *

1 Like

I am sorry. English is not my first language, so I think that I make you misinterpreted it. I want a trigger making a job start every 7 hours and 5 minutes. For example, if the fist start at 02:00 so the second should be 09:05 and the third should be 16:10, the fourth 01:15 next day,…
I see that if I use hourly in trigger. It will set every 7 hours at 5 minutes. The result will be First time at 02:05, second time at 09:05, third time at 16:05,… So the job will be triggered every 7 hours not 7hourse and 5 minutes.

HI ,
use below cron expression
0 5 1-15/7 ? * * *

Regards,
Arivu

1 Like

@Dam_Son when is the first start?

Without knowing when it starts it will be difficult to write an expression.

Thanks

so the first start is 00:00. and the job will be triggered every 7 hours and 5 minutes.
Thank you

Cron expression does not work in this case. if you know start time then only can do. cannot do dynamic.

Regards,
Arivu

1 Like

@Dam_Son then the expression I provide will work I think , when scheduling select advanced and paste the expression there,after that you can see the intervals in the schedule page

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you so much. I will try it.