How to handle SAP automation freeze and robot freeze

That’s the main problem here, one purchase order might have 1 line item and another purchase order might have 100 line items.
And we have huge volume of data to process so we cant waste even a single second.
Isnt there a easy way to find out sap is frozen or not?

Yeah I understand
To standardise the process we need to have ideal time considering all the possibilities
So based on that have the time set
Either it surpass that time or gets picked within that time has to be standardised and mentioned to the users
That’s the main part of process standardisation
So I think it’s fine to have this

@anto.santhosh

Actual problem here is workflow time out is not working. Cant UiPath fix this issue?

use my snippet

it contains the parallel activity and timer where you just put in the time in seconds

just put your SAP process flow in the right sequence and set the timeout in the left sequence (instead of adding timeout in workflow properties)

If I put a specific flow like create purchase order and it was completed before the timeout for example 2min, will the bot wait for two min to complete and close SAP for every transaction?
Can we just skip the timeout workflow once my flow is completed?

Wait ill send you a new workflow

SAP Timeout Handler.zip (5.2 KB)
sorry, use this one, It wont wait the whole duration once the sap flow is done

2 Likes

Or we can just give Boolean condition in parallel activity once my work flow is done and set condition to true it will come out of parallel activity.
Thank you very much Jack and Palaniyappan for your help

1 Like

yes i did something similar in the new zip i sent u

but instead of boolean i used a text file, after the sap flow robot will create a text file to indicate Flow complete, if the timer flow sees this text file it will stop as well

Yes this or Boolean condition will work, Thank you.

Well I am facing different issue now, whenever the SAP freeze and timeout is reached in parallel after killing the SAP and throwing system exception, the job is getting faulted instead of moving to next queue item.
Usually when system exception happens we have set to one retry, but retry not happening in this case.

is there a try catch surrounding the call to SAP Timeout Handler - Main?

No, let me add try catch.

something like this…

I have directly added timer and my sequence in parallel activity with try catch in my Process state, but still the bot is faulting instead of going to next transaction item.

Below is my error
The activity ‘Invoke SQ7 workflow’ with ID 5415 threw or propagated an exception while being canceled.

My issue is something similar to below thread.

I have isolated the Timer.xaml workflow and it can catch the error and going to next transaction item instead of faulting the job.
My issue is resolved, Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Glad to know.

Do you mean you ticked the isolated property in the timer.xaml workflow?

Yes, after ticking isolated property the job doesn’t fault.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.