How to handle browser pop up window?

Hi
I am having trouble dealing with browser popups.
I have to click on a link, which opens up a browser popup window for data entry(form). I need to fill in the form and submit it. If there is any material or video or if someone can share the steps, greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

• Use attach browser, indicate the browser pop up window, specify the browser type.
  • Inside attach browser, Use type into activity to fill data and click activity to submit.
1 Like

Thanks Vivek. I did the same, somehow not able to having it run. It fails in finding the textarea element of the popup window. I mean somehow the popup window is not getting recognized.
Anything else i may be doing wrong?

Sorry for being annoying, can someone please point me to a tutorial or video. Thanks in advance.

@heretolearn

are you attempting the assignment1 or 2 in advandced training of UI path academy?

@heretolearn have you tried with using IE? or else try to do that part using recording.

1 Like

Assignment 1

@heretolearn

please refer to this post

use the url of pop up window directly in your main broswer then it will detect)

Yes I am using IE

This may not be the case with most popups.

try it using recording.

2 Likes

@heretolearn

If you have the URL, you won’t need to detect the POP anyway

The only time this won’t help is when for some reason you don’t know/see the URL itself in a popup

Yes I tried not helping

1 Like

Yes a very important use case

@heretolearn

try checking/activating the simulate Type property when using the Type into activity for the comment box

try it using attach window activity. i’ve used a attach window activity

2 Likes

Yes attach browser fails with some error. So i used attached window. I believe the selectors are not helping.

Thanks and I tried that as well. I shall try once more.

if the selectors are correct, the Type into with simulate should work

Same problem ,i am facing as well .there is a javascript prompt popup alert ,where i need to pass a value and click ‘OK’ in side that. while recording UIpath tool is not identifying the popup.

Later tried manually to identify UIElement with " indicate element on screen " that covers only the browser but not able to click the popup ,again i clicked F2 and tried to find popup element ,still the indicator of UIpath points towards only the browser not the popup.