How to get mail messages in GMAIL without switching on 'Less Secure Apps'

Hi,

I am struggling to use the IMAP Mail messages for our corporate GMail account due to the less secure apps setting. I am not able to switch the setting on for the account due to security requirements

We also have 2 step enabled which I think is causing issues too however I have been able to generate the app password for the account but this is also unsuccessful.

Has anyone been able to work around this setting? Looking through previous posts I noticed a comment from @abhyudai_munna

Sorry for tagging you but I am hoping you can help and expland on your comment in this post:

"It is due to Security Feature by Gmail for their accounts safety.If an app or device doesn’t meet our security standards, Google will block anyone who tries to sign in from that app or device. Because these apps and devices are easier to break into, blocking them helps keep your account safe.

So if you will access your account from the devices or methods which does not support latest security compliance which has been identified with google then you will get such error to secure your account.

so, you have two options:

Option 1: Install a more secure app that uses stronger security measures. All Google products, like Gmail, use the latest security measures."

Thanks

1 Like

you mentioned that you have 2 options towards the bottom of the page but you mentioned only 1 :smiley:

jokes apart. would you be able to enable less secure apps option for your gmail account?

https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps?pli=1

Hi,

That section towards the bottom is quoted from the post that I linked. Sorry that could have been a bit clearer.

No unfortunately I am not able to due to our policies. Is there another way round it?

Thanks

Closing this down as the use of an app password has resolved. Also a change is required to the firewall to allow this to work over company network. Over WIFI with app password it is now working

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.