How to Get already opened Excel

Thanks for your quick response. It helped me a bit but I think I started another approach based on your example from here:

So based on this case I got the sheet names and I played a bit with it. I gave out all sheet names and so on. But furthermore if I already got each of the sheet, I would like to get also a special range of cells within the sheet and copy it. But there is the missing part. I don’t know how to implement this get range (especially in this case here).

An Overview what I did:

• read given path to get the files within the folder with directoryinfo()
  • Afterwards a Sequence a bit shortened:
  • For Each files in VarDirectory.GetFiles
  • Assign → VarFileName = files.Name
  • Excel Application Scope → Workbook path VarFileName / Output: VarWorkbookname
  • After Excel Application Scope a separate activity → For Each Sheet in VarWorkbookname
  • Log Message with info: “Sheetname” → Just to see that it worked (it works)

But instead of a log message I would like to have a read range activity now. But therefore I have to use a new excel application scope when I understand it right and according to this I have to open the excel file again what I don’t want because it is already open.

And if I would implement the read range activity within the Excel application scope above, I only would get the range of the first sheet1 because it is not dynamic isn’t it?

I guess I’m thinking quite difficult at the moment and have a node in my minds and probably it’s quite easy. :see_no_evil: So I’m happy about an advice. :slight_smile: