How To Extract Text From Images Inside Folder Using OCR

Dears,

How To Extract Text From Images Inside Folder Using OCR and save the result in Separated Text Files ?
Note : I use the following : GetFile Names and Loop through For Each , than used CV but didn’t help.

Thanks

Hi @hsendel,

You have a file of images and you want to produce an output by reading with OCR for each one, right?

First of all, you need to decide which engine you will prefer as OCR.

Then you can create a structure like the one below by looping for the relevant file.

simpleExample.xaml (7.0 KB)

I hope it helps.

Regards,
MY

1 Like

Thanks @muhammedyuzuak , I’m using exactly same workflow as yours, let me check details.

1 Like

Hi Again,

It’s taking too much time without Output ??? Seems there is missing index to increment the items in For Each Loop, no?

Hi @hsendel,

Since image processing is done, it will take a little more time than normal reading for each item.

I didn’t fully understand this.

Hi @muhammedyuzuak , Image processing is not done, it’s keep executing for long period without output, till I stop the workfllow, and once I keep if I will get the following error :

Hi again,

Issue fixed by selecting proper option in profile :
tugna

Tell me, how to filter desired words based on some characters using the option : “Allowed/Denied Characters”.
tugna

Thanks

Hi Again,

Issue Fixed by : Denied characters string in Tesseract OCR
Unfortunately this didn’t show desired letters eventhough I put them in the list : example “Ö”, and by the way what is the best OCR Engine ?

Hi @muhammedyuzuak , any update for this? Thx

Hi @hsendel,

It’s a controversial issue, but from my experience I’d say ABBYY.

If you do not specify a language, non-English characters may not be detected anyway.

Regards,
MY

Thanks @muhammedyuzuak , Is ABBYY Engin need license/Key ?

Hi @hsendel,

Yes, unfortunately. You can also use google vision api.The number of trial transactions is also quite high.

1 Like

Thanks @muhammedyuzuak , I want to use OneNote instead ,as it has good result compared to Online OCR Tools, Is there any Related Package for that or a suitable Method to achieve that ?