How to display notice window or progress bar

Hi,

I’m developing a robot which reads an excel file and input data to some systems.

In this case, the robot reads excel file without opening file because the file has a VBA macro which runs when opening and it causes some errors only when used by robot(we couldn’t find the reason…).

The above treatment brought us avoiding VBA error, but instead of that, it causes blank time when the robot reads it.
It looks like “freezing”, so I would like to display any notice window or progress bar for users to avoid their misunderstanding which the robot is freezing while it reads the file.

But as far as I looked for, I couldn’t such activity or method.

Could anyone please tell me how to display such object when the robot is working silently?

Best regards,
dekochan

Progress bar does not seem to be there currently, You can use a call out dialog or a message box activities which serve similar purpose

Hi dekochan,

I haven’t tried it yet, but you can check the UiPathTeam.AttendedRobotStatus.Activities in Manage Packages. It has an activity which displays a separate mini-window. Maybe you can include in using parallel activity.

2 Likes

Hi Emman_Pelayo,

Thank you for prompt response!

I feel regret, currently our client’s rule prohibits importing the packages which aren’t “Official”…

I’ll try to ask changing the rule only for this case.

Thanks,
dekochan,

Hi Vinutha,

Thank you for your response!

As you say, the call out dialog seems to be used for my purpose.

I’ll try it.

Thanks,
dekochan,

Hi Emman_Pelayo,

Although I tried to ask the client to admit the exception for importing the package, they refused my proposal…

Thank you for your help, I’ll try your suggestion at another chance.

Thanks,
dekochan,

Hi Emman_Pelayo,

Although I tried to ask the client to admit the exception for importing the package, they refused my proposal…

Thank you for your help, I’ll try your suggestion at another chance.

Thanks,
dekochan,

1 Like

Hi Vinutha,

Thank you for your information, it works fine!

Thanks,
dekochan,

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.