How to create datatable using scraped data

I have scraped text from web and wanted to create data table and put the that each text in an each column. please help me…

Hi,

In the web browser all this data are in a table? If the answer is yes, then please use the Data Scraping wizard that is in UiPath Studio and all this data will be save in a data table.

Thanks,
Ninett

@Ninett_Panfir Oh no its not in table its in complete text or in standard format not in datable. please advuse me

ok.

Then all you have to do is like that:

1. Build a data table with the columns that you want.
  2. Manipulate your string(maybe you will need to split by Environment.NewLine,or by space, etc).
  3. Iterate to the results array and use the activity Add Data Row to add all this information in your DT.

Thanks,
Ninett

@Ninett_Panfir I am using scrape relative text so I get the text which I want and need that text to put in a cloumn i extracted three text form the web page. the output is saved in generic vairable . wud you mind please help me with any test xaml.

Hi @sambana_karunakar,

Using build data table create the datatable first.

Then using Environment.Newline split option you can split the each line into array.

The you can split the each value using space or tab pull it into datatable.

Regards,
Arivu

@arivu96
I am using scrape relative text so I get the text which I want and need that text to put in a cloumn i extracted three text form the web page. the output is saved in generic vairable . wud you mind please help me with any test xaml.

@sambana_karunakar, Can you share me the xaml file and scraped text data.

Yes I can understand you will get the string value.

Genericvalue.ToString it will convert the generic value to string value

Regards,
Arivu

Hi,

You can change the output type to be string. You can send me in an attachment your string and tell me in witch column do you want to add and I can help you. But you can try also if you want:

1. build the datatble
    2.create a variable that will be an array of string: myArray = extractedText.Split(Environment.NewLine.ToCharArray)
  2. for each item in myArray : Add Data Row, where you will specify in the properties: Input: ArrayRow what would you like to add in your DT {item}

Thanks,
Ninett

FsgMsg.xaml (18.2 KB)

please check this and help here I have only two texts as of now and i need this to be in each column. And I would like to use this table information where ever I needed.

Hi,

Do you want to put in a DT only the user name and the manager? You want to have a DT with 2 column with this 2 value?

Thanks,
Ninett

yes, I will add the other columns later first need the values for two only

ok. Attached you can find the code.FsgMsg.xaml (20.6 KB)

1 Like

hi,

please find the tutorial,

thanks,
Karthik.