How to copy images to powerpoint slides?

Hi, there,

I’m practicing how to capture images from a website and save them to my hard drive. So far, so good. But how can I paste those images to a certain place on the power point slide using UiPath Studio?

thank you.

Hello @Alex_ACG ,

Once you have downloaded the image you can click it once to select it and then use ‘send hotkeys’ activity to use Ctrl+c, then shift to the powerpoint slide and then use ‘send hotkeys’ activity to use Ctrl+v!

Hello @Rishabh_Lakhera

I’m new at this and haven’t done anything with send hotkeys yet.
But I investigate and prove what you tell me.
I also see that you can use some Powerpoint activity (.nupkg). But I can’t find any that contain copying and pasting images.

Thank you very much

Not quite the exact thing, but as you’re new to this it would be a good option to start if off with word! :slight_smile:

Check this out , this may give you an idea on how to proceed! I’d suggest first trying it out in word!

Regards,
Rishabh

1 Like

I’ve already done tests sending hotkeys but it doesn’t work.

What I need is to capture several specific areas of a website and paste them into PowerPoint. And the goal is to copy and paste one by one.

Thank you for the example you sent me but I got an error loading the Xaml

HI @Alex_ACG,

Here I have attached the sample that to generate the pie chart and it will store as image . After that it inserts the image in the existing PowerPoint slide.

File : ExcelChartPowerPointSample.zip (27.6 KB)

Out Put:

Reference Packages

Regards
Balamurugan.S

3 Likes

Thank you very much balupad14,

The site where I copy the images is a corporate website. It’s really the main problem.
Anyway, I was able to capture those images, leave them in C and then with c# code scroll through them all and paste them into the PowerPoint file.
Looks like that’s how it works.

Thx

Hi,
I need to copy chart from excel to powerpoint. Im using uipath 2017 version. Is there any package for powerpoint activities in uipath? kindly let me know

Regards
Nandhini.P

Hi @NandhiniP,
four activities related to PowerPoint are available in BalaReva.PowerPoint.Activities, which you can install via Manage Packages. Personally, I haven’t tested them though.
PowerPoint

Does it help? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @NandhiniP,

Please check these.

Regards
Balareva.

hi @balupad14

I have opened your process but faced the issue.

What is this issue ? And how to resolve ?

Thanks you so much!

Hello @trunghai,
If you get this error. Just install the package in the current project. And re open it . It will solve.

Regards
Balalamrugan.S

Hi @balupad14

Thank you but I don’t know which packages is missing.

Hello @trunghai,

No Problem. Remove the activity which is showing the error. before that verify that you have the ppt and picture. Run the workflow . it will work.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

@balupad14 I am going through your posts regarding the ppt. I have a scenario wherein I have to first delete the image in the ppt and then insert a new image (kind of replacing it with new graphical image). When I use the delete images activity, finding the image index is a big challenge here!!! I used index “1” but it is deleting the wrong image. How do I identify the index of the image when multiple images are in the same slide? please help.
Kind Regards

Hi @skhiremath ,

In the same package, you can see the activity called " Image Extractor". using this activity, you can able to know the image index.

in this video. I have explained how to insert a picture into the powerpoint.

Thank you
Balamurugan.s

@balupad14, I went through the video which is very informative, but I am trying to delete the images and replace with new images in the PPT, that’s where I am having issues. Could you please let me know the how the delete images activity work, I tried identifying the image index by extracting the image, but I can’t delete the powerpoint image with the specific index. Please help.
Thanks

1 Like