How to copy data multiple times (recurring) from different Excel sheets and compile into Microsoft Word?

Hi all, I am trying to perform recurring steps to copy data from different Excel sheets into Microsoft Word. Hope some experts can give a hand in this matter. Thanks and appreciated.

Below are the recurring steps that bot required to do:

1. Bot to copy data from existing Excel which has different sheets with sequence.

1(a) Bot copy data from different Excel sheets by following sequence
    (MICROSOFT TEAMS, SKYPE, ZOOM US and WEBEX).

1(b) Bot copy top 3 data from each of the Excel sheets according to column head from B1, C1, D1 and E1

2. Then Bot paste the copied data from each of the Excel sheets in item no.1 into designated area in Microsoft Word as shown below.

Hello @sooct2003,

Use this custom activity,

3 Likes

Hi @raj.parsana, I have downloaded. But how to make this effective? Thanks.

Save it, then search for activities in activity panel

2 Likes

Hello Raj … first of all I would pay attention to the Studio type that sooct2003 is using, because I do not think that your indicated activity package was designed with StudioX in mind.

@sooct2003 If you are using StudioX and you want to insert data into a word file then I would recommend using Insert DataTable activity as such :

Regards,
Dragos.

2 Likes

Hi @dragos.suma, I will try your solution out in shortly in StudioX. Hopefully I can mark it as solution later. =) Stay tuned!

However by first glance, I noticed you are using this card “Insert Data Table” but I dont understand how to use it. What do you mean by “Insert relative to” and “Bookmark to search for”?

Read data in Data table one by one from excel sheets, using UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelGetWorkbookSheet.

At the end insert all data from data table to word document using Insert DataTable activity.

Thank You!