How to click some softwares on the desktop

Hi all,

I want to click the software icon on the desktop, this is demo as below, when the program runs, the desktop icon is not clicked successfully, so please help me to check, thanks.

Main.xaml (3.5 KB)

the file is empty @Chen-Jim

Hi @Chen-Jim,
The workflow that you shared is blank. As per my understanding of your scenario, the click activity is not working. Try to use different input mode like “Hardware Events” or “Simulate” or "Windows Messages "
You can also try to use “Start Process” activity
Hope this helps

Regards,
Teena

Main.xaml (7.3 KB)

Hi Teena,

Main.xaml (7.3 KB)

Please help me to check

Hi, @Chen-Jim - Please check below options

• Did you try validating the selector and highlighting it to make sure it is identifying the right element
  • Try keeping some delay before click, and set the Wait for Ready property as complete, enable simulate click, see how it goes
  • Since it is a desktop application, instead of going with clicks the easiest way would be using start process activity. Have a look on the below link on how to use it
  • Give a try with click image activity
1 Like

Use start process activity and give full path. It will work.

@Chen-Jim : Could you let me know if u tried with different input method as mentioned earlier?
If not follow the below steps:
Mark the Wait for Ready property =complete
In the property panel of click activity,
a)Send windows message = True. Try to run the process
b) If its not working, change Send windows message = False and SimulateClik = true . Try to run the process
c)In Selector property, click on highlight button to validate the selectors.(Check if its identifying the element)
d) Try to use “Start Process”

Hi Teena,
After I use method a, it can run success, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.