How to check if button is active or not?

@zlatko_gradascevic
Yes, Perfect the screenshots. Often I have seen that a button is a child from a pane element and the pane element is triggering the visibility. But in your case, it is different.

It becomes now tricky. I would suggest to recheck aastate and relativeVisibility attributes for the button for active and inactive state. To ensure that you are not running into an Uiexplorer not updated element info issue do the inspection in standalone mode.

Stand alone does mean, UiExplorer is opened independend and not in relationship with an activity. Can be done in this way:

@zlatko_gradascevic
I did a crosscheck with a Java application and can confirm your observations. Does mean: a disabled button has same aastate, relativeVisibility attribute values as an enabled button.

However retry the inspection from above. Maybe we got luck

I did and here are the screenshots:

@zlatko_gradascevic
thanks, as by given situation I would suggest to swith to second option

hmm
fine if we are able to identify with a color for that element whether its active or not then
we can use IMAGE EXISTS activity where choose that element when highlighted as a image and get the output with a variable of type boolean named bool_exists

from @Palaniyappan

For the compair image creation you can combine:
find element - let point to the button of interest
pass the found element to take screenshot
and save the image with save image activity

Do this in a seperate sequence. This allows you to create a more accurate image as to do this with snipping tool or similar tools

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.