How to break down a large excel file into smaller chunks of data and use all of them in your process?

Hello,

In my workflow, I have to read an excel file with the size of 200mb+. When I was developing the solution, I was testing with smaller size excel files and it worked. Now I have to use real company data (this 200mb excel file), which is in the cloud and I have only read premmisions to it. So when I try to read this excel file I get this error: "RemoteException wrapping System.Exception: Job stopped with an unexpected exit code: 0xE0434352 ".
So my question is how to break down this file into smaller chunks of data and still use all of them for the data entry I need?

1 Like

Hey @Martin_Freser

You can use the below activities,

This will help you to read huge excel files

Thanks
#nk

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. When I was using this activity, I got the following error:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Any idea what would that mean and how to solve it?

Thank you

1 Like

Hey @Martin_Freser

You have provided all the necessary props I believe…

Kindly share any screenshots or the project file if possible ?

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

1 Like

I created a dummy excel file with the same size and the activity is reading it normally. So there must be something with this specific excel file. Its confidential so I cant share it. But does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

1 Like

Hey @Martin_Freser

Kindly try the method below by connecting Excel as DB.

nmnithinkrishna_ExcelAsDB.zip (2.4 KB)

Here are some of my assumptions,

1. The file you provide as input is an Excel but not CSV

2. The Excel file is not corrupted & valid

3. It has proper data in the form of a table

Please correct me if I’m not wrong on any of the above.

If the above method doesn’t help you, please let know for alternative solutions.

Thanks
#nK

Yes all 3 assumptions are correct.
So I was trying to connect my dummy EXCEL as DB, but I got the following error: “Execute Query: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: At least one of the connections must be used.”,

Thank you

1 Like

Hey @Martin_Freser

Could you please check if the provider given in the connection string is installed on the user machine.

Thanks
#nK

yes I installed it. I was checking for answers on this page https://excelcult.com/how-to-use-excel-as-database-in-uipath/
Note: If you have any trouble running the project, please try to install “AccessDatabaseEngine.exe 64bit or 32bit as per the requirement”

acces database engine? Or do I have to install anything else?

1 Like

Hey @Martin_Freser

Could you please share the dummy excel file with which you have tried.

Thanks
#nK