How more effectively add row to the Excel

Hi,
I have an excel table.
I need to add a row at the end of it. The row consists of 10 columns(cells). Each cell value should be calculated before adding.
How to arrange it more effective? By calculating and pasting each cell to excel?
Or by calculating each cell and putting it to dataRow first, then appending the whole dataRow to the excel?
Thanks

1 Like

This would be the best option and can be passed as input to add data row as well as a input to ArrayRow property
The reason is we won’t miss any value to be passed and it will add to the end of the datatable as we require

Cheers @Slavich

1 Like

Thank you, @Palaniyappan
Could you direct me , which activities do you see it should be done. Is it AddDataRow? or to Create or Generate datatable?

Fine
As you say we have a excel table ready we can get the datatable from that excel itself using read range activity
— row we can directly use add data row activity with that datatable mentioned as input datatable and the values we have are to be passed as Array in the Arrayrow property like this
{“value1”,”value2”,”value3”,…”value1”}

We need to use **build datatable only when we are trying append a set records or merge a new set of records that we form by our process
As we are sending as row one by one with values in it obtained one by one, we can go for Add datarow activity with ArrayRow as input type

Hope this would help you
Cheers @Slavich

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Palaniyappan.
I succeded to add row as array.
After all calculations is it possible, to add this calculated row to the existing excel, without overwriting the whole range? Is there an activity for such ? Maybe merge datatable?

1 Like

Yah of course
We can use either merge datatable activity or append range activity
But make sure that
—excel datatable and the one we are going to merger are having same number of columns
—same Order of columns
—same datatype of columns

Cheers @Slavich

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.